If you have been working on design a family tree and choose to post it online you will want to build a great website using the least amount of frustration.
Strategies : the top ten points to consider when building your family tree online:
1. Respect the privacy from the living. Do not post what they are called of living relatives. Lots of people simply do not want their information posted online due to the threat of id theft. Things like full name and birth date can be very useful to a presence thief.
2. Do not post your complete name and mother’s maiden name. Again ? mother’s maiden name is very useful for identity thieves so be cautious. Many websites and credit card issuers use mother’s maiden name being an identity check so don’t allow it to be easy for it to be stolen.
3. Check your spelling and follow standard grammatical rules. This helps make your website clear to see.
4. If you are writing a lot of text, be sure to split up the paragraphs into smaller units. It’ll make it easier for your readers. The reason being they eye has difficulty tracking each line in an exceedingly large body of text.
5. Don’t use music. Keep in mind that lots of people simply do not like noise on the computer.
They may not share your style of music so it’s better to not chase them with annoying music. Simply because you can post music ? does not mean you should.
6. Avoid, dancing, graphics when design a family tree ? They take too much time to load plus some people would rather move ahead than wait. Your ultimate goal is to get people to take time to review your family tree so they can find out if they are related to you or otherwise. You want to do as much as you are able to to get them to stay.
7. Using lighter colors for the background will make it simpler on the eyes of the readers, especially older ones.
8. Make sure to have a footer that contains a method to contact you. I don’t recommend using your own mailing address. (You will find just too many craziest out there.) Their email is a good way for people who you do not know to make contact with you so utilize it instead of a real mailing address.
9. Ensure that the footer is on each page of the website. You wouldn’t want anyone to land on one page, think they’re related but then not understand how to contact you.
10. Be sure to keep your contact information current. If you change email providers, make sure to update your footer contact information.
Should you follow these ten tips you’ll enhance the likelihood that might be some long lost relatives. There’s always the chance that someone is offered from a branch of the family tree that you many not really be aware of and they may land in your website. Wouldn’t it be great for connecting?
Design a Family Tree on the internet is an inexpensive way to share your family history together with your family and open up the options of connecting with most loved family members.